Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Ribbon Skirts

I got some more sewing done, got some help with the pictures, and then didn't have time to post.  Go figure. This is the Ribbon Skirt by J Sterns Designs, I went ahead and purchased this pattern when I bought the Fit the Tee class and pattern from PatternReview.com.

This pattern is super easy and quick to sew.  I made this one in a knit that has floating around my stash for a few years.  I think I got it from Best Online Fabrics.

There are no instructions with the pattern, but there are several instructive blog posts here.

The only alteration I made was to add some length.  I'm 5'10" and I like for my skirts to come just below my knees (the knees need some coverage!).  I added 2' above the hip line, the pattern is drafted to sit at your low waist, but it was going to crawl up to my natural waist so might as well add some length there and let it be.  And I added 3" below the hip line at the shorten/lengthen point drafted into the pattern.  A total of 5".  Everything else sewed up as is.

This is version 1 completed back at the first of March.

 

 
This is version 2, completed several weeks later with the exact same alterations as before.  This fabric also came from Best Online Fabrics.
 




I really like this skirt, and have plans to sew up at least 2 more. I am currently searching the stash for stripes.  I have also received several unsolicited compliments on both of them! Win all around!!
 
And because my photographer threatened to quit on me if I didn't include some of the outtakes, have some fun at my expense ;)
 
Happy Dance

Trying to twirl
 
 
Happy Sewing, Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment