Thursday, April 24, 2014

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date

Sang the Mad Hatter. I've been feeling sorta like that lately, but that's probably beside the point.  Which is my Easter dress.  I love Easter, it's just full of new beginnings and possibilities.  Which is why you need a new dress for the holiday! or maybe that's just me.

Anyway, this dress is made from a Lutterloh pattern.  If you are not familiar with the Lutterloh system, you basically take two measurements, bust and hips, and enlarge the model using a special tape measure.  Lots more information can be found at Come Sew Lutterloh With Me and www.dressmaking.co.nz.

I have made this pattern before so I knew that it fit pretty well.  Except I have gained some weight since the pattern was drafted, so I just added an extra wide seam allowance at the sides to give me a little extra room to play with. I think it worked pretty well.

See what you think -

eyes closed


eyes squinty
trying to twirl


OK, so the dress is not so twirly, otherwise it's pretty great.  Several things I forgot to mention -
  1. I made this longer so was going to add a kick pleat to the back, but must have been in a brain fog when I cut it out.  So a godet was added for some walking room.
  2. Although I love the look of the boat necklines, I don't think they are for me.  Trying to keep this one in place all day while wearing was a pain!
  3. The print fabric came from best online fabrics again.  The navy has been in the stash so long, I'm really not sure where it came from.

Happy Sewing, Suzanne


2 comments:

  1. A lovely dress! I agree, a girl needs a new dress for Easter. Hope you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete