The first one is the Olive from the Alex & Olive pattern. I started with the size L for the shoulders and bust and graded out to the XL for the hips. Have I mentioned that I am a sucker for the "flowy", effortlessly chic look? It doesn't always work on me, but I will almost always try it. I am happy to say that this was mostly a success.
|Don't know what was going, but this |
was the best facial expression we could get
I will add a triangle of fabric in the seam that wraps to the front to add a little more room at the hips. I'm leaving the shoulders and bust alone, because they are a comfortable fit.
I may try to shorten that back waist a little, or maybe not, the extra fabric in front may take care of that. I will also try to remember to use a light interfacing behind the zipper.
It's a good thing this one was a test, because the fabric has let me down. The stripe is from Girl Charlee and I have had it several years in the stash. So not a clue what the fabric content is but after only a couple of wears it has pilled up so badly. The solid is a rayon/lycra blend from WalMart (approximately 5-6 years ago), of all places, and it has held up way better than the more expensive fabric.
|Oops, tired, punchy, and too many reruns of Cops|
The other top is the Odette pattern from the Odette and Ivy. I used the same sizing as the Olive for this one. And I'm pretty sure that the only change I made to pattern was to scoop the neck out about 1.5" and looking at this picture I may scoop it out a little more on the re-make. Those high necks are just not comfortable and not my best look.
I used 3 T-shirts that I thrifted from the local Goodwill.
|Got a little Velcro butt going on here|
|Me and my photographer|
Happy Sewing, Suzanne