This is actually my second skirt from this pattern, the first I think I neglected to record. Ooops. This is a great and easy pattern that I received in a workshop from Craftsy. It's not the video classes but an instructional workshop, you can ask questions, and fabric was included in the price.
This is not the fabric included, it was such a nice linen, I wanted to test the pattern first in some cheaper fabrics. This is a cotton blend, I think, that I found in the home dec department. The gingham is printed on the bias, the skirt is not actually cut that way. Since I was just pulling some fabric out to try this pattern, I didn't really have enough to do any careful matching. It doesn't bother me enough to stop wearing it.
The only thing I changed about this pattern was to lengthen it. It is meant to be fairly long, but I'm 5'10" and it was going to hit me at an odd place on my leg. I added 4" to get a total length of 40". It looks much better as a maxi I think.
It actually worked better in this heavier fabric than the microfiber I used the first time.
As I said, quick and easy, I think I spent about 2 hours finding the pattern, cutting it out and sewing. And I'm a pretty slow sewer.
I really recommend this pattern, especially if Pam Howard ever offers it as just the pattern. So easy and flirty, with a fun mermaid back too!
And my photographer had to get in the picture -
Boy the humidity is doing a number on my hair!
I'm leaving you with one of the views I've been seeing lately on my drive into to work -
Happy Sewing, Suzanne