Monday, August 18, 2014

The Blouse Back T

It's really the HP 1170 Fast & Fabulous Blouse Back T. Times 3, ya'll!!! I'm pretty sure I've never done this before in the years and years that I've been sewing.  I tend to be kind of magpie, new, shiny, NEW patterns.  Must try the NEW patterns.

But I was happy with the fit on the first one and it's so, soooooo comfortable, that I sewed it twice more.

The only alteration I did was a forward shoulder adjustment of approximately 1".  Otherwise, based on my reasonably good luck with HP, I made a straight size 16.

Version uno is made from a really drapey rayon blend (the navy was in the stash forever) and a cotton jersey (chevrons from Girl Charlee).  I'm not sure how long either will hold up, because they are so thin, but I will enjoy while I can.





Looking at the picture the rayon seems to be give a Velcro effect, but it is so comfortable I will wear it anyway!

Version dos is made from some poly ITY.  The black was in the stash forever and the print has resided there as well.  I do remember getting the print from Gorgeous Fabrics, I just don't remember when.





And version tres is made from a striped cotton/lycra from Girl Charlee fabrics also purchased a while ago.  The back was made from a very lightweight cotton in my stash.  It started it's life in my home white and with the help of a Craftsy class (The Art of Cloth Dying with Jane Dunnewold) I tried to give a little design and color.  I'm not sure I was entirely successful in that because it turned out a whole lot more subtle than I was imagining.  Turns out I like the subtle, but I was picturing those rings as white. Note to self: but get the rubber bands tight!  Oh well, I still like the yellow with the navy, so it will be worn. I also cut the neckband and arm bands on the bias, because I liked the stripes like that and I can!


 


Although I am not convinced this pattern is my best look, all three of these will be worn, because they feel like pajamas.  So on those days when you just need some comfort clothing, out one of these will come.  I doubt I make anymore right now though, it's a pretty distinctive pattern.

Not sure what my photographer was thinking or what I was talking about!


I should say I doubt I make anymore for me, I may be persuaded to make 1 or 2 for dear daughter, because when she saw version uno and I quote "OOOOOOO, I may want to swipe that".  Hah, can't beat that with a stick.

Happy Sewing, Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment