Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Getting by with a little help from my...

family!! When dear daughter helped my get better pictures of my muslin, she also helped mark what looked to be a better shoulder seam.  You can barely see where she drew in this picture -

Just barely, on the right side -


Then I went home and sewed the alteration -

The scooped in line is the alteration



Then my dear husband was kind enough to take a picture -


and I think it is much improved.  So I neatened up the alteration with my handy-dandy design ruler, very similar to this one.

Then transferred the changes to my pattern -


Again, the scooped in line is the alteration

Now my fabric has been abused, um I mean pretreated and I am off to cut out my jacket.  Because even though it was in the 60's yesterday there has got to be some more cold weather left, right???

Happy Sewing, Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment