Monday, February 24, 2014

Don't fear the reaper...

Especially if it is an elf reaper! That is one pointy hood, I will probably go back and adjust that.


The wool jacket is done.  This was a very easy sew after the muslin was done and corrections made.  Pretty quick too, if you don't count the nine (yes, nine) darts in this pattern.  The only things I did differently from the directions were -
  1. Pressed the seam allowance open, they were too bulky when serged.
  2. Used a closure instead of ties.  As mentioned before, I rarely wear jackets closed and thought the ties would be aggravating.
  3. Slimmed the sleeves from nothing at the elbow to about 3/4" at the wrist.




Overall, I like this pattern, although I think it looks a little big. So now I'm on the lookout for some really nice boiled wool.  I'm pretty sure this is not 100% wool, maybe some acrylic blended in??




In the irony stinks category, I used the days I was snowed in to sew this and finished it just in time for 60+ degree (F) weather. Anyway, maybe I'll like the fit better, when I do get to wear it.



 Happy Sewing, Suzanne

1 comment: