Tuesday, January 15, 2013

SWAP v1.0

I have a plan! And now if you promise not to laugh -
 
 
 
 
My drawing is atrocious, but it keeps me on track.  As stated previously this plan is subject to change, especially since I am having problems fitting the Ottobre pencil skirt.  The first time sewing it up in my normal size - the waist and upper hips are about 3" too big.  So I unsew (and I hate that!), tape the waist with some twill tape, and bring in the side seams, at the waist easing back to the original seams, slightly less than 3/4" for a total of slight less than 3", leaving just a little ease.  Now it feels OK, but there are slight drag lines around the hip area and I didn't change that part.  I really hate unsewing and the fabric was not special to me, so I'm thinking about donating this one and trying again with a different pattern.
 
Planned fabric is completely from the stash - WooHoo! smug self-congratulations ensue ;).
 


So that's it for now, Happy Sewing, Suzanne
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment