Thursday, December 22, 2011

I'm a pretty princess!

OK, so the fabric says sweet princess, but have I mentioned how much I really like alliteration. And I have to include DD - she's a sweet princess too.  We have the lingerie that says so.  I made 2 bras and 3 pairs of underwear from .5 yards of fabric and 1.5 yards lace, through creativity (snort), ingenuity (snort) and genius luck. I am pleased with how they turned out and DD says that hers are the most comfortable ever.

I used the Danglez DB5 for DD's bra.

I used the Sewy Rebecca pattern for mine.

Sorry for the blurry pictures - operator inefficiency

And there was one more pair of panties for DD.  All panties are from my Ottobre pattern, no real changes to that except for where the lace was added.

The lace was pieced to get enough height for the back of this pair, but luckily the seam is not obvious.

So I'll remember I got the tape measure out and did some comparisons - my Kwik Sew 3300 does the best job of keeping the girls hoisted and front & center.  For the next renditions, I will be doing some adjusting on my Sewy and Danglez patterns to move the apex a little closer to the center.  Beverly Johnson's Bra-Making Manual has excellent instructions for this.  I will also tighten up the band slightly.

I am also going to trace a pattern piece specifically for the fashion fabric that is approximately 1/8" smaller so that it will stretch over the inner lining piece.  Trying to do it as I sew and baste is not working as well as I would like.

Happy Sewing, Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment