Thursday, December 15, 2011

Congratulations, It's a Beignet

I have actually had this skirt completed for some time now.  I even got pictures, I just have not had the time or the motivation to post. 

I really like this skirt.  This is the first Collette pattern that I have used and really can't say enough good things about it.  The packaging is really nice, the drafting and directions are excellent. 

I'm 5'10", so I added about 4" to length and need to add several more (my knees need camoflauge) and need to add a FBA (full bum adjustment - lol).  Since it was a little shorter than my preference, DD has ended up with it and she is modeling for the pictures. So here it is, in navy with no discernable details -




It needs ironing, but see her knees are covered - not that her's need but she is a few inches shorter than I am.

I actually used my Geiger buttonholer on this project.  It worked like a charm, so I have 14 beautiful buttonholes that you can't see because there are no discernable details.

I will make this again, with the above mentioned adjustments.  I have material and buttons from the stash earmarked just for this.

Happy Sewing, Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment