Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I am so sewing!

I just have little-to-nothing to show for it.  I was working on the Collette Beignet skirt -



in navy, plain old navy, not navy plaid or tweed or stripe or odd patterned fabric.  Navy.  I got stuck on the buttons, who knew it would be so hard to decide on buttons.

In the meantime, I have become the proud new owner of 2 buttonholers, one Singer and one Greist.  I have a Bernina 830, (the original not the newer one) I inherited it from my grandmother.  She bought it new in 1977. I love it, but have never loved the buttonholes that it makes.  So after a little research, thought, prayer and blind luck (ebay) I bought these.


The Greist will fit on machine as is and it has 9 different cams for buttonholes.   And look what pretty buttonholes-

Oops, need to trim that thread

Never one to satisfied with good enough, I went looking for more options, the Singer has 20 different cams. Everything from keyhole buttonholes to eyelets, WooHoo!



Only problem is that the needle fork on the Singer is too thick and hangs up the machine at the top of the needle stroke.  So I have enlisted my husband with all his toys oops, sorry tools to do a little creative engineering to get it to work.

Back to work on my skirt - Happy Sewing, Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment