Thursday, January 20, 2011

My First Projects of 2011

And they were not listed on my to-do list earlier. BUT I am in desperate need and DD is so much fun to sew for - she sews enough to be really appreciative of my efforts. As I said before, I love a new year, so they are made in a gold Victoria Secret Stretch Satin (try saying that 3 times fast!) to remind me of all shiny new possibilities the new year brings. The first picture is DD set and the second set is mine - mine, mine, mine, all mine!
































Both bras are made from Kwik Sew 3300, both pairs of boy shorts are from the Ottobre 5/2009 issue as are the panties in the second set, the asymmetrical panties in the first set are Merckwaerdigh SV32.

I mostly used The BraMakers Manual by Beverly Johnson. I really recommend this book if you are making your own bras - explicit, clear instruction and very well illustrated. It is also written to use with any pattern.


Overall I am pretty happy with the fit of these bras - a couple more tweaks and they will be perfect! I hope! The matching panties are probably the most comfortable I have ever owned. Love these Ottobre patterns.




Happy Sewing, Suzanne

PS - sorry for the ummm, well, sorry pictures. I was in a hurry and am still getting used to this new camera.

1 comment:

  1. Super cute sets! I also have sewed up the bikini cut of the ottobre panties and absolutely love them. They are so comfortable and cute.
    Yours look so fancy though!

    ReplyDelete