Thursday, July 9, 2015

More Bags of the Month

I'm still catching up with recording what I have sewn.  These are both from the 2015 Bag of the Month club, which is over now, but the patterns are on sale through the individual designers, as far as I know.

The first one is April's bag from Emmaline Bags. It's called the Manhattan, mine is the momma size and it's a pretty good size bag for me.  The pattern was good and fit together well.

 
 
 
The only issue I found was that I was told to cut 2 pieces of exterior fabric and 2 pieces of the lining for the inset pocket.  I only used 1 of each.


Otherwise I followed the pattern almost exactly except for I added some more interior slip pockets inside and I used the sew-in invisible magnets.  I didn't have any magnets in the stash that matched my hardware and I didn't want to wait on an order.



I haven't got the wristlet that goes in here sewn yet. Funny aside, my husband's first thought when he saw this was "look a place to stash my snacks!"



The second one is from Betz White and is called the Seneca Creek Bag.  This a very nice, easy pattern and would have been very quick pattern if I hadn't made some changes.  Even with addition of some extra interior slip pockets and an additional zipper pocket on the back, it was still pretty quick.  It is very small, it is designed so that it can be worn cross-body or around the waist. I am never going to wear it around my waist, so I am thinking about making this again, just enlarging it to get a little more room and giving this one to my dear daughter. She seems to leaning towards the smaller sized bags lately.

 





 
I am currently working on June's pattern - still! - and then I have several tote bags and diaper bags planned.  One of these days I have to get around to sewing on some clothing options for me.



As always, Happy Sewing - Suzanne


No comments:

Post a Comment