Friday, January 2, 2015

Good Intentions

I hope these are not going to pave the way to some very hot places!  I may have mentioned before that I love the new year, there are just so many possibilities.  But I hate resolutions -



My feelings exactly! However - I do know better.

Last year I started the year with more of a motto than a resolution, with varying degrees of success.  I did cut way back on my spending, mostly on fabric, but there were quite a few patterns (I'm looking at you Hot Patterns) that were irresistible to me. So they found a new home with me in my pattern boxes and are as yet unmade.  I'm beginning to think of my patterns as similar to the Island of Misfit Toys, where they are sent and promptly forgotten. So this year I intend to be more intentional - not resolutions, I maintain there is a difference.

First, there will be no purchasing of fabric or patterns until July 1, 2015.  Then I will re-evaluate. While I did cut way back, I found out when moving things around for the new windows, that it was not nearly enough. I really want to push myself to use the fabrics I've got, hopefully in creative ways that I had not seen before.

And it is my intention to sew at least one new pattern each month.  After a wear test and an honest evaluation, I will decide whether to keep the pattern or pass it along to find a new home. Related to this I would really like to develop some "go-to" patterns.

Also, my sweet children, gave a me the Bag of the Month Club 2015 for my Christmas present!! A new pattern each month, January through June.  It is my intention to make each pattern in the month that I receive it.  I actually managed to do this one last year!

More lingerie, I still need more! And I have lots of fabric.  I may have to stock up on some notions - underwires, slides and rings, etc., but generally I am all set to sew more lingerie.

I am also adding one other non-sewing intention here, just to keep myself accountable.

Health - it's time to start paying more attention to my health or some things that are now minor issues will become major issues.  So I intend to clean up my eating, I'm pretty good at this anyway, so this is not a major overhaul more like a tune-up.  I will aim for clean healthy eating 90% of the time, and treats are just that.  Occasional treats.  I will be intentional in my exercising, this is a major overhaul because this is just not my thing.  My sister competes and coaches others in triathlons, all lengths, and I think she got all the athletic genes in our family. But 20-30 minutes a day, 5-6 days a week should be doable.

I think that's it for now, Happy New Year and Happy Sewing!! Suzanne



1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!!
    You have made a great, reasonable and very doable list of intentions.

    ReplyDelete